In Care

In Care

If you’re in care it can be tough. If you are unhappy with decisions that have been made about your care you can try and speak to an advocate. An advocate is someone who speaks up on behalf of someone else and helps them to get the things that they are entitled to.

An advocate can help you if you:

    • Want support at reviews or other meetings
    • Don’t like the plans that have been made about you.
    • Are worried about your care.
    • Want to complain

VOICE is one of the UK’s leading voluntary organisations working and campaigning for children and young people in public care.

You can speak to one of their advocates by calling their helpline: 0808 800 5792. You can call this number wherever you live in the country. It is open from Monday to Friday 9.30 am – 5.30 pm and it is free to call.

The advocates are trained to help children & young people who live in care or in secure settings. They understand the care system and are able to tell children and young people what they are entitled to and how to get things changed. They are independent from Social Services and staff within YOIs or STCs. They will keep what you say confidential unless you or others are in danger.

Call NAPAC Helpline

0800 085 3330